June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I met my husband 10 years ago at work. Though it would be three years before we started dating, I always liked him. He was handsome, funny, smart, kind, respectful and respected. As we started dating, I watched him with his nieces and nephews, of which there are 13, I saw how he treated each of them with the same respect, humour, and kindness he gave to everyone, regardless of their age. Even in those early days I remember thinking how he would be a great dad someday.

That day is now here. We welcomed Hudson Peter into our lives, home and hearts on April 4 and everything I ever imagined Des would be as a dad, he is to Hudson and more.

He holds him, comforts him and talks to him.


He changes him, bathes him, feeds him and snuggles him to sleep.



He tells him stories, sings him songs, plays with him and walks with him. 


He makes sure he has everything he needs to be happy, healthy and comfortable.

He simply loves our boy. And our boy loves him.

I love watching the bond between my boys grow stronger every day. I love watching Hudson smile up at his dad with those big baby blues knowing he is loved. And even more, I love watching my husband be the father he was meant to be.

Happy Father's Day D ~ We love you.


No comments: