October 21, 2011

Right now...

Right now I am:

... surviving sleep training. After months of interrupted sleep, we decided it was time to give it a try. More on the process and how its working {or, heaven forbid, not working} for us in weeks to come.

... researching new car seats. Hudson is reaching the end of the weight range for his infant car seat {please tell me where that pause button is, I can't seem to find it!}, so we're in the market for an infant/toddler convertible seat. Reccos welcomed.
Hey mom, I think I'm getting a little long for this one ... and I'm almost to heavy too!

... wondering what to do with my wedding dress. It's been hanging in the closet for 3 years now. Do I box it up and keep it? Sell it? Donate it? Repurpose it? I dunno ... any ideas?

strike a pose!
... christmas shopping. Yep, that's right, Halloween isn't even here yet and I'm already crossing off items on the list. Let's hope you've been nice. Or better yet, naughty.

... working on a guest blog post for another mama-blogger south of the border. Should be posted in early November I think, but don't worry, I'll keep you in the loop via my bloggo.

... looking forward to my weekend away. I'm heading out on a three-day, two-night scrapbook retreat with a bunch of other fabulous ladies. I can't wait!!! Though I fully expect to request that my handsome Hudson drop by for a visit on Saturday ...we'll see.

... running a bit more. It's tough to schedule it in, especially since it's an outdoor activity for me right now and sometimes naps or the weather make that iffy. Fortunately, Hudson likes the jogging stroller, so when he's awake and it's decent out, it's a go. It'll be easier again once/if the treadmill arrives.

... savouring crisp fall weather. Really enjoying getting out with Hudson and breathing in that cool fresh air. I'm sure we both sleep better because of it! 
Enjoying pre-bedtime backyard fire on an unusually warm fall evening

On one of our several fall hikes on the east coast trail
... sorting through baby clothes. We're pulling summer stuff out of the closet and the winter stuff out of the storage bins. We're packing up borrowed stuff that's now much too small to return to original owners. We're bringing out the next size up. Again, where in the world is that pause button?

What about you, what's filling your days right now?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Colleen! Thanks for coming by The Sheds :) Looking forward to your guest post at Mountain Mama Tales. Super glad to virtually-meet another Newfoundland blogger!

Laura

Mountain Mama said...

Love your photos! And yea, I didn't know what to do with my dress either - I honestly don't care about it (it is the marriage, not a dress, right?!?!) but kept it anyway for now! ;) And totally recommend Britax car seats - they are awesome!