March 31, 2011

First Heartbeat

As Baby Ryan has yet to appear, I have time on my hands. I used some of that time to scrapbook another page for the pregnancy scrapbook album (which I've concluded likely won't be completed before the pending arrival ... but the longer he/she hangs out inside, the closer it will get).

I saw this layout over on the October Afternoon blog and thought it would make a great base for a layout for week 13 and hearing the first heartbeat. I scraplifted it and ended up with this pretty page:

The journaling reads:
We heard your heartbeat for the first time this week. So amazing. The quick ‘thump thump thump’ made
our hearts beat a little quicker. Your dad got up from his chair and came over, taking my hand in his.
We couldn’t stop smiling. You’re suddenly even more real and wonderful sweet pea. We can’t wait to
experience all your firsts - your first kick, your first breath, your first smile, your first step and so many more.

No comments: