April 11, 2011

Happy Birthday

We meet many people in our journey through life. Some are passing just briefly passing through, some are part of our lives for a short while and others stay with you for a lifetime. I believe everyone we meet, we do so for a reason. Either they have something to share, teach or leave with us or it is we who have to something to offer them. Each encounter leaves an impression on who we are as people. However, it is those who are long time presences in our lives that play the greatest part.

For me, one of those long time presences is one of my best friends - Sandy. We've known each other for more than 13 years and as we both like to say "she's the one that knows the good, the bad and the ugly and loves me anyway". We met in university and have lived in residence together, worked on class projects together, shared an apartment and danced downtown until the wee hours of the morning. I was honoured to be her maid of honour when she married her true love and lucky to have her first-born as my ringbearer when I married mine. I've watched her become a mom to three handsome boys and have turned to her for advice as I myself entered into motherhood.

Patient, kind, loving, fun, spirited, compassionate, genuine, honest, caring, considerate, smart. These are but a few of the words that come to mind when thinking of Sandy. She is by far one of the nicest people I know and one of the best friends any girl could have. I am blessed to call her one of mine and with great pleasure wish her a very Happy Birthday!


the birthdat card I made for her special day :)
In just 13 short years, we've grown together from single university girls to working professionals to doe-eyed fiances to doting wives to loving mothers. I can hardly wait to see where many more birthdays will take us. Though one thing I already know for sure is, no matter where life takes us, Sandy is one of the people on my journey through life that will stay with me for a lifetime.

Happy Birthday Girlie!

1 comment:

sandy said...

Thanks for this lovely birthday message. I feel the same about you and it's been an amazing adventure together! Cheers to many more celebrations together!