October 24, 2011

Runday Monday

I'm happy to report that Crappy Canadian Tire semi-redeemed itself over the weekend.

After being told on Monday evening that the treadmill would arrive by the end of the week, which I clarified as meaning Friday, it did not. No big surprise there. I was going to call midday to check on it, but honestly Friday was jammed-packed with story time, a visit to Costco, and Christmas at the Glacier where I enjoyed a good chunk of fudge, and I got kind of side-tracked.

With no call as of mid-Saturday morning, I gave the customer service desk a ring. I was hoping for Nathan as he was so helpful the last time, but no such luck. Fortunately, the girl who answered was able to track down the guy in the know and assured me that they would try their best to delivery the treadmill by 5pm that day and they would call first to make sure we were home. Now, while I didn't stick close to home the whole day as my faith was weak, I was around most of it. 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, and 4pm all rolled around without a dingle. Ah-ha, my faith was right! Well it was right right up until about 4:20pm when the guy in the know called and said they were en route. It didn't actually arrive until shortly after 5pm, but I'm not that nit-picky. Really.

On top of that, the guy delivering it apologized for the delay in the delivery noting that it was a staffing issue. They're having a hard time finding staff for the store, which is common across the service industry these days, so I can appreciate that. Well, a little bit. Part of me also says if you can't staff the delivery service, don't offer it up. But, in the end, the treadmill was delivered to my door and technically arrived by the end of the week, even if it was a day late and I had to call to follow-up.


Now, just to get it set up so this can be a Runday Monday. Oh Husband....

No comments: