February 13, 2012

Runday Monday: Play Lists

The Grammys were on last night, which got me to thinking about freshening up my running play list. I don't know about you, but I NEED my Shuffle for a good run. Sure I can run without it, but the run always feels about miles and hours longer than it actually is. For me, upbeat music makes the whole ordeal a whole lot more tolerable.
image from: http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/
Unfortunately, while I try to make sure the Shuffle is always charged and ready when I am, I generally fail to update the music on a regular basis. The result is me running miles per hour while skipping through tired old tunes that aren't motivating me to keep my a$$ in motion. While tuning into the Grammys last night I thought it would be a good time to do a refresh on the old play list. And I'm hoping you, my dear readers, can offer some of your old tried and true tunes and new music loves to add to my list.

My criteria for workout music are simple: fast, dancey, upbeat, heart-pumping type songs that make you wanna sweat. A few of my more recent additions are P!nk's Raise Your Glass, Lady GaGa's Edge of Glory, and Christina's Not Myself Tonight. A few guarantee motivators that have been on the play list for a while include Kanye's Stronger and Black Eyed Peas' I Gotta Feeling.

A few of the additions I'm thinking off throwing into the mix are Flo Rida's  Good Feeling and LMFAO's I'm Sexy and I Know It.

But first, what do you recommend? What are your favourite workout tunes?



3 comments:

Katie said...

How about?

Tonight is the Night by Outasight -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zt8GWTZB5I

Brand New B**ch by Anjulie -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPcbhV-Bucg

brooklynCREATIVE said...

Rihanna's "We Found Love" (ft. Calvin Harris) is my go-to run song these days...

Jennifer Wellsman said...

This is a different one but I find it really good. Elvis Presley's "Little Less Conversation" one point the lyrics are "Come on, Come on, Come on...." I really move it when he sings these words. It's also quite a long song which is nice.