February 22, 2012

Winter Walk Layout

I attended a crop night on the weekend at our local scrapbooking store, the Paperie. For non-scrapbookers, a crop is a gathering of scrapping peeps where lots of scrapbooking gets done amidst chatting and fun times. There were a bunch of lovely ladies there and I had a great time. I passed on the post-crop late night social of fried goods and bevvies, but think I'll rest up enough to go next time.

While there I managed to complete three pages in my 2011 Year-Long Album, which I fully plan to share once it's complete. I'm up to July so fingers crossed that's coming your way soon. I also pumped out a couple of other layouts including this one:


I just loved the pics from that walk. The lighting was right, the colours were bright, and the whole thing just made me happy. I couldn't pass on getting this wonderful afternoon into our family scrapbook. I used a mix of pattern papers, word stickers and embellishments from a couple of scrapbooking kits I've accumlated. Loved how the colours and words mixed and matched. I layered a couple of large snowflakes, popped up smaller paper punched snowflakes and added sparkly gems from my stash for dimension. Finally, I included journalling strips using edited text from this blog post.


I added the date in my own handwriting, which I try to include on every layout in some small way. I think that adds a little special something.

All in all, it was a productive and fun evening.

No comments: