April 2, 2012

Monster Birthday Card

I've got a bunch of crafty goodness in store for you this week, including a few cards, party plans, and *fingers crossed* a project life page (or two!). I'm excited just thinking about it. I'll kick it off with a cute card made for my bestie's littlest guy who turned two this past week. We didn't make it to his party on Saturday thanks to the snowstorm, but he made it out to Hudson's party yesterday and got his card then.

I was inspired by this card that I'd seen on Pinterest. I didn't have the dragon stamp, but I did have cute little monster stickers I've been itching to use. I also used up a bunch of the paper in my scrap stash on this card, which was awesome. I love to make good use of those pretty pieces left from other scrapping adventures. Here's my version of the inspiration:

Cute right?  I also didn't have the punch used to make the grass like edge, but I do have scissors and can manually make a decent substitute. Snip, snip, snip, ruffle and ta-da - some grass! I think the card turned out to be a perfect little monster/boy card for a cute little monster/boy. Hope he liked it :)

No comments: