January 4, 2009

Hello 2009...

Well, here it is. Sunday night. The last night of a very much enjoyed two-week holiday break. As much as I enjoyed celebrating the Christmas season with family and friends and as much as I would LOOOVE to have just a few more days to myself, I am looking forward to tomorrow. It marks my first day of work in 2009. It brings the return of routine and order (and for those who don't know me, I looove order!). It is my beginning of the new year.

I always enjoy the fresh start that creeps in when the clock turns midnight on December 31, don't you? The making of resolutions and looking ahead to what might lie before us, while reflecting on the year passed. Such fun reminders that life is to be lived. (albeit maybe with a little less chocolate and wine for the next few months ... OK, maybe the next few weeks ;)

My 2009 resolution is to live intentionally. To intentionally find time for the things I truly enjoy, like scrapbooking, cooking, being creative, being active, and spending quality time with my husband, family and friends. I don't know about you, but more often than I like, I find myself caught up in the busy-ness of life - running errands, doing chores, work, and other obligations. I've come to believe that is NOT the way to find enjoyment and fulfillment in my every day ... yes, I know, I know, the floors must still be swept so that the dust-dollies don't carry me away, but I just plan to ignore that fact every so often and invite the dust-dollies to play a while instead ;)

And that is what I'm doing right now. I am intentionally not vacuuming the pine needles collecting in the corner of my living room around the wilting Christmas tree. Instead, I am writing my first blog post. I am taking the time to write for no other reason than for fun. I am enjoying the glow of those Christmas lights a little longer and sharing a few of my thoughts with you.



I hope you too can say a big happy hello to 2009.

No comments: