January 20, 2009

History in the Making

Every moment that passes us by is history in the making. Yet, some of those moments are bigger than others. The moments where you know before or as they happen that they'll be recorded in history books. The moments where you will always remember exactly where you were and what you were doing. The moments that will forever change the way we live our lives. Today offers such a moment.

While I'm Canadian, I cannot help but be in awe of what Americans have chosen to do. In electing Barack Obama they have chosen the face of change for their country. And that shows strength and courage. While it is too early to gauge the true impact of President Obama, one thing is for certain: he will lead a different country than his predecessor. For that, even I am truly grateful.

image from CNN.com

And, so as not to mislead you into thinking I'm only politically interested, I love the suit that Michelle Obama has selected for the occasion. Simple and conservative with a nice pop of colour. Good choice for a first lady if you ask me.
Today, I will proudly join millions in watching the Inauguration of Barack Obama as the 44th American President knowing that, forever more, I will remember exactly where I was and what I was doing the day the world changed.

No comments: