October 14, 2011

TGIF

This week just seemed to fly by. I guess that was because it was jammed packed. There was the holiday Monday and visits with family and friends. Tuesday there was a visit to my office, a haircut and a trip around the bay. Wednesday was blocked, bringing Hudson to Auntie Jodie for his first sleep over, hightailing it back to town for a shower, the wine show {awesomeness} and a much later night than I’d planned. Yesterday was a semi-sleep, followed by a quick brunch and back around the bay to collect my little man, which turned into another sleep over at Nanny’s.
After a go-go-go kind of week, I was looking forward to heading back to town this morning with H and kick-starting a quiet weekend at home. I had planned to upload some photos to an already-written blog post about travelling with baby and calling it quits for some R&R. I packed up the bags and baby gear. I loaded a fed, changed and clothed baby who was ready for a nice long nap into the car seat. I flicked on some Basia Bulat for the drive and we were off.
Alas, we got about a half a kilometre up the road when I hit a big rut in the pavement. Followed almost immediately by a thump-thump-thump. Sigh. A flat. Back to Nanny and Poppy’s we went. I put on some fresh coffee. I put Hudson down for a nap. And now we wait for Poppy to come back and change the tire.  So much for starting a quiet uneventful weekend at home.
TGIF. And TG for Nanny and Poppy.

No comments: