October 12, 2011

Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It's the most wonderful time of the year .... nope, it's not Christmas. Nope, it's not back to school at Staples. Nuh-uh. It's WINEFEST! That's right, it's the annual NLC Winefest and I. Can't. Wait.

visit www.nlliquor.com for more info
What's not to love: booths and booths and booths of delicious wine, familiar faces milling about, discounted prices in the on-site store, and a fun night out with my hubby. Ok, maybe the morning after isn't so lovable, but it's definitely worth it. Winefest is certainly one of my favourite events of the year. And I think I'm looking forward to it even more than usual this year.

You see, we go every year. We drink, we socialize, we buy. Such fun. But last year, I was preggo and I had to pass. Well, I contemplated going and just doing the sip-n-spit thing (no, you don't actually have to swallow ... no matter what your date says ;), but I figured a noticeably pregnant lady, even if just spitting, wouldn't be favourably received. I also figured that the cost of the ticket wasn't justifiable if I couldn't drink my money's worth. It was more cost efficient to trust my hubby's tastes in restocking the wine trunk. Yes, we have a wine trunk. We're not sophisticated enough for a cellar. But I digress. So, since I missed last year, I'm eager to get back at 'er.

Then of course, there's this little dude in our lives ow that make nights out, especially those that involve both of us imbibing and likely feeling a little thirsty the next day, a challenge. So, aside from my birthday dinner and a couple of movies, we've really not gone hog-wild since I got preggo last summer. Tonight though, watch out. Hudson is having his first sleep-away from home (a little sad about that, it's bittersweet really, but I think I can counteract any emotions with a few sips of sweet tawny port at one booth or another). Thanks to Auntie Jodie and Nanny Pat for looking out for the little man. Mama is going to make the most of it. Give him a kiss for me at bedtime and tell him I'll be back for him tomorrow.

Ah, winefest. In a just few short hours, the most wonderful time of the year will be here.


No comments: