January 15, 2009

Color Inspiration #38

Well, this will be my first official submission into Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration challenge - and it was a bit of a challenge for me as I'm not a huge fan of orange or the orange/pink combo. I know, I know, some people love it. Anywhoo here's the inspiration source (love that mousepad!):


And my card:Even though I'm not a fan of the orange and pink combo, I liked how it turned out - simple & sweet.

Thanks for looking and Happy Friday!

Supplies: The cardstock and paper were from my scrap piles again, which are excellent for cardmaking, but not for tracking paper sources. The two flowers are from Prima, the orange brad is from Making Memories, the Birthday Wishes stamp is from Stampin' Up's 'sincere salutations' set, and the rub-on beneath the greeting is from Fancy Pants Design. It's hard to see in the picture but the greeting has also been embossed with Stampin' Up's iridescent ice powder. Edited: The ribbon is from a jumbo pack I picked up at costco.

4 comments:

Yankee in England said...

I love the ribbon! Lovely card.

Savitri said...

Such a sweeet card! Love the flower and how you did the ribbons!

Liz Goldhawk said...

That ribbon is beautiful and so is your card! Great job with the challenge!

Sherri said...

Very pretty - love the ribbon & flower!