January 7, 2011

Hello Friday. So Glad You're Here.

While its been a short week, I'm glad Friday is here. Getting back into the work routine after the holidays is challenging enough, throw a head cold into the mix and its extra blah. It started with a tickle in my throat on Wednesday, blossomed into a sore throat by yesterday afternoon and into full on sniffles by this morning. Ugh. At least I was able to work from home today, sparing my colleagues from having Sneezy for an office-mate and allowing me to work productively (and comfortably) in my PJs on the sofa.

Fortunately, I'm feeling a little better and am hopeful a good night's rest will see me on the rebound. It better, we're having friends in for dinner tomorrow and I'm very much looking forward to cooking up a feast. The menu will include lasagna, some combination of this recipe and this recipe and my own tweaks (as I'm ever apt to do!), and the ever complementary Caesar salad and garlic bread. Dessert is TBD, maybe this or this?

Stay tuned for more details and, in the meantime, let your tastebuds bubble over this.

Mama's Lasagna - photo from the Food Network
What are you cooking this weekend?

No comments: