September 26, 2011

hello {Fall}

Oh, why hello {fall}, it is so very nice to see you again.

Friday past marked the official start of fall on the calendar and I couldn't be happier (though I had thought it was two days earlier, jumping the gun I guess!). Tis my favourite season of all. I love summer and her wonderful warmth, I enjoy winter with her holiday spirit and I welcome the new life that spring brings, but fall, oh wonderful fall is the best of them all.

fall pumpkins in massachusetts
Fall brings the perfect balance of warm and cool. The air crisp and refreshing after the summer sun. The colours warm and golden. The mix of green, red, orange and yellow is perhaps nature's most perfect palette. The rich smell of woodsmoke curling from chimneys calms the senses and makes me want to pull on my coziest sweater to curl up next to my fireplace, wine in hand. The slow change from summer to the first frost makes fall my favourite season of all.

fall creeping in around the Harvard campus, so lovely
As much as I loved summer and taking in all she had to offer, I simply can't wait to enjoy fall once again. I have a few things I hope to enjoy over the next couple of months:
  1. Take Hudson to the pumpkin patch. Oh so cliche, but how can I not? He's the cutest pumpkin I know!
  2. Sip many pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks. Mmmm. 
  3. Walk in the park, breathe in that fresh fall air.
  4. Clean out my closet and attic. Some people spring clean, I fall clean.
  5. Enjoy one last fire in the pit, bundled warm.
  6. Enjoy a fire or two in our fireplace, cozied up.
  7. Trick or treating. For the first time in years and years!
  8. Enjoy the glistening of the first real frost.
  9. Take in a fall sunset with my family.
  10. Make a good dent in the holiday shopping. I vow, vow, vow to not leave most of it until December this year. I swear!
  11. Pull out my fall decor. Sooner rather than later. Hmmm, a good way to kick start cleaning the attic.
  12. Run consistently. I need to rebuild my running base after a few months of not running followed by a few more months of sporadic running.
  13. Scrapbook a few layouts of my ever growing list. I'm sure there'll be a cold day or two in there somewhere fit for nothing but a fire, scissors and glue.
That should do it for now. Bring it on fall!

What about you, what's on your fall bucket list?

No comments: