|Hudson is learning to read the G+M at an early age|
|Thanks Geoff + Carm for a great afternoon!|
|Heading up the trail, waiting for the picnic basket, and of course the obligatory self-portrait|
5. Our first official road trip with the little guy. Check + Check. We took a few road trips this summer, hitting up Grand Falls, Bonavista and Southern Bay with only one minor incident of note. This of course was in addition to our regular visits to Kingston (NL not ON). While a great little dude in the car, we discovered H is not such a great sleeper out of his own bed. Oh well, the road must go on.
8. Completing my first post-baby 10km run. Uhm, yeah, well, see, uh. Ok, so this one was not accomplished. I did do a few 5kms, but that's about it. I could blame it on the weather I suppose, but that really wasn't my excuse. I just never got around to it. On the upside, I've set a new running goal (duh, duh, duh the suspense, it's killing ya isn't it ;)
9. Scrapbooking a few pages about the little man. Check. Mostly completed through our Week in the Life Album, but also with a couple of other layouts (here, here and here). Still many, many more on a growing list though, so more coming your way.
10. Reading. Partial Check. I had planned to read a few books, but only finished The Help and started Room. I'm also not into Room yet, so thinking about moving on from that soon.
11. An out-of-province excursion, complete with Hudson's first plant ride and catching up with great friends. Big Check. We were a little nervous heading out on this first adventure, unsure of how Hudson would take to traveling, but we made out a-ok. He was still a sleeping disaster on the road, but was awesome on the plane and fairly pleasant during the busy days. Looking forward to more adventures with him as he grows.
|Snuggles with Auntie Brooke, checking out the in-flight entertainment, a family photo in Chester + drinks on the deck|
sigh, if we could only do it all again next week. Maybe next year!
|Mmmm, Corona + quesadillas, the BBQ Master with his new toy, yes ice cream counts as a meal, just soaking up the sun|
Dear summer, thanks for the good times. It was fun while it lasted. Until next year, I bid you adieu.