by Tara Antle, BSc.AHN, RHN, RNCP
Here we are, amongst the h
• Set realistic goals for a realistic time frame that work for YOU and your life.
• Be prepared to fall off the wagon and get ready to jump back on track again.
• Allow yourself to eat regularly through out the day…never let yourself get hungry.
• Now…how about that treat, cheat or reward??? No need to waste it on food!
• Make every meal a healthy balance; Make sure you use a plate at social gatherings and stand/sit away from food covered tables.
• Chug – a – lug on water!
• Alcohol…enjoy in moderation…choose light beer, light coolers, dry red wine, vodka, gin (mixed with water or diet pop).
• Have fun with food - get the best value for your nutrient buck!
• Exercise regularly – get that body moving!
• Decrease stress levels, get plenty of rest, and maintain a positive attitude!
|The lovely Tara @ home|
Wishing you and your family a happy, healthy & safe holiday season!
From tomorrow through to New Year's Day, our lives will become a blur of family gatherings, parties, socials, and other holiday festivities. Here to help us find that healthy balance in the midst of delicious sweets, savoury treats, and alcoholic bevvies is my next guest blogger, Tara Antle. Tara, a long time friend, is a Registered Nutritional Consulting Practitioner (RNCP) with a decade of experience helping hundreds of people reach their individual goals and maintain a healthy lifestyle. If you want to learn more about living a healthy balanced life, you can find Tara at her own private nutrition consulting business, Healthy Balance, in St. John’s, NL.