February 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I didn't have a chance to participate in the Simple Things challenge this week, but that doesn't mean I haven't been thankful of many simple, everyday moments over the week or so. Today, I'm

thankful for ... getting ready to welcome baby Ryan. I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with mom last weekend, shopping and registering for the few things we'll need. It's a good thing we don't know whether it's a boy or a girl, as the closet would already be overflowing!


thankful for ... having a wonderful sister who is graciously lending me most of the 'big items' for Baby Ryan, including the crib, change table, rocker, swings and bouncy chairs and other such goodies. Life is much easier (and less expensive) that way.

thankful for ... Red House Soups delivering soup to my work today, so supper will be as easy as warming up a tasty and healthy dish. Perhaps not quite as good as mom/Gerry's soup delivery, but close. Either way, I don't have to cook.

thankful for ... having a hair appointment scheduled for this evening. Love, love, love relaxing in the chair, having my hair washed and styled, and chatting with my stylist of 10+ years. Such a great way to head into the weekend (no pun intended!).

thankful for ... the 34 week ultrasound that shows a healthy, wiggly, thumb-sucking baby with a strong heart, a round head and cute baby lips. Looking forward to seeing him/her in person.

thankful for ... enjoying breakfast out with my hubby, mama and Gerry this weekend, even if the breakfast was just mediocre. The company was great and it's not something we get to do all the time.


I hope you have plenty to be thankful this Thursday too!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

We are blessed to have lots to be thankful for! Can't wait to hear about the ultrasound...I am thankful for 3- yes THREE sleeping babies and two big boys quietly playing downstairs!