March 25, 2011

Birthdays

With a few upcoming birthdays and *hopefully* a birth day of my own, I made a few birthday cards yesterday afternoon. The Paperie posted an awesome colour board on their blog this week, so I used that as my starting point for two girlie cards.  


I love using up my scraps of paper when making cards - and since they`re stashed in baggies by colour it was a breeze to pick out a few strips in the muted green, yellow and cream colours. I punched a bunch of those strips all at once using a border punch and layered them on two card bases I cut from gray card stock.

For the first card, I broke out my new Stampin' Up Chic Boutique set and white embossed the sewing form and sentiment. It still felt like it needed something else so I added a little vintage-style lace, a textured grey button and mint green thread. I love the way the button and lace fit with the 'sewing' theme.


For the next one, I added the same lace, but used a horizontal ruffle to contract against the vertical ruffle feel of the layered paper. I then added a layered flower/button combo and rub-on sentiment. I also love the way this one turned out ... not sure which I like better...hmmm.


Hopefully the March birthday girls will enjoy them!

No comments: