April 29, 2011

Sometime soon perhaps ...

As I note in my profile, I love to play with pots and pans in my kitchen and back in January I set out to check  'trying a new recipe every month for 12 consecutive months' off my life list. The first quarter of the year-long effort went well with moose stew, blueberry scones and cheddar and broccoli soup making the journey from stove top to table top.

However, since Hudson's arrival on April 4, there's been little time for cooking period. Let alone trying out a new recipe. The only meals I've been serving around my house this month are milk for the little man and pre-prepared frozen meals for mama and daddy. (Though I must give a shout out to my mom who cooked fresh meals for us when she's been staying with us - thanks again mom, you're the best!).

So, with the end of April just a day away, I can say with certainty this life list item won't be accomplished by December 2011 as originally planned - and that's a-ok. Maybe by May, I'll be in a good groove and that check mark will come in January 2012. Or maybe not, we'll see. In the meantime, here are a few recipes I've come across online that have my taste buds watering and might make their way onto the bloggo sometime soon:

Grilled Chicken Salad with Feta, Corn and Blueberries

Looks fresh, tasty and very suitable for a summertime side. 

image and recipe from The Pioneer Woman


Breakfast Quesadillas

I'm always on the lookout for interesting new breakfast morsels and these look like a nice break from the norm.

image and recipe by Kate Goodman over at Good Life Eats

Tiramisu Cupcakes 

Mmmmm. Tiramisu. Cupcakes. Tiramisu + Cupcakes has to equal deliciousness.
 
image and recipe shared by EatLiveRun on TastyKitchen.com
Stay hungry my friends.


No comments: