April 17, 2012

A Flower + Splatter Birthday Card

One of my besties celebrated her birthday last week. I wrote a longer post about her last year and the sentiments are the same. Adding in of course that's she a strong, determined, kick-ass chick who's lost 90 pounds in just over a year. Seriously awesome-sauce given she did that all on her own by changing her approach to eating and working out at home while looking out for five lovely kiddos. I'll also add in mention of how lucky I am my boy is about to become one of those five lovely kiddos and the blessing it is to know he's in great hands. All that to say, she deserved nothing less than a handmade card to celebrate her special day:


To make this, I started with a blank white background and splattered it with some Mister Huey inks. I then layered on a yellow cardstock punched border strip misted with the same inks, a dotted patterned paper strip and some chevron washi tape. On top of that I layered a large flower with a handcut flower circle from the same dotted patterned paper with a smaller yellow felt flower and finally a brad. Some stamped pennant strips for the greeting and it was a card fit for a queen. Or at the very least one of my best friends.

Happy Birthday Sandy!

No comments: