April 5, 2012

Four Butterfly Birthdays

I told you on Monday I had a few crafty cards to share this week - and on a lovely sunny day, butterfly birthdays seem fitting to share. Between March 24 & March 30, four lovely ladies in my life celebrated their birthday. I sat down to make all four cards one evening. Once the first one was finished:


I really liked the way it looked, so I decided to use the same design (a design of my own this time!) for all four. I did change up the papers, colours and sentiment wording on each so that each card was unique - just like the lovely ladies receiving them:


To make these, I started by splattering the backgrounds of the cards with Mister Huey`s spray inks ... love, love, love those. They mist, they splatter, they splot, they cover. They're awesome...but I digress. Once the ink dried, I layered a punched scalloped circle with three strips of washi tape ... which I also love, love, love. I have a bunch of different patterns of washi tape now and have six or seven more on order from Freckled Fawn (via the Paperie). But I digress again. After that, a couple of punched butterflies with sparkly gems popped up finished the paperwork. Finally, I added a few word stickers and stamped birthday to make the sentiment. Simple, but sweet. Or sweet, but simple.

Each card is the same design, but made special with choice of colours and wording. I hope the ladies liked them! Happy birthdays Jennifer, Katie, Victoria, and Hunter.





1 comment:

Katie said...

Thank you Colleen. I love my card!