January 4, 2011

Starting Anew

"It looks so bare."

"Sad to see it go."

"It feels so empty."

Said with big sighs, these are the feelings expressed by so many as holiday decorations come down for another year. I, however, don't share in the dismay. For me, de-Christmasfying the house is a chance to refresh and renew. It's a great way to bring in the new year.

Santas. Snowmen. Sparkles. All ready to be stowed away for another year.
Sure, the holiday magic is wonderful and lovely and good. But for me, it has served its purpose. December was delightful and celebrated in full and by early January, I'm ready to move on. I don't long to hang onto the holiday magic, perhaps because I see the potential magic and life in the year ahead.

So, today, as I pack up the santas and snowmen, return furniture to its rightful place, and sweep stray sparkles away, I'm rejuvenated and ready to invite in the new year.

No comments: